Our church began in 1832 at nearby Buckbee’s Corners, just north of where Chili Avenue and Union Street intersect. The early Methodist Society held worship services in a cobblestone school house before the brick church was built.
In 1852, the church voted to divide so that each church might more effectively minister to a scattered constituency who traveled by horse and buggy. The First Methodist Church of North Chili was incorporated on February 8, 1853 and a new church was constructed on Buffalo Road in 1854.
This church eventually outgrew this building and in 1964 built our current facility at the corner of Buffalo Road and Westside Drive. In April of 1968 the church name was changed to The United Methodist Church of North Chili.
-From Our Celebration of the 150 Year History of the United Methodist Church of North Chili 1853-2003